Friday, January 20, 2006

Life Infused

One of the things I love about San Francisco is the constant little surprises. Where else can you walk into a Peet's coffee and stand in line behind two Tibeten monks in full regalia - shaved heads, red robes, and they are women! Hmm. I handed my Peet's card and was informed that while it was a Peet's Coffee station it was not a Peet's franchise but a Whole Foods and could not take my Peet's card. Fine. I had cash and at least I didn't have to shave my head for my beliefs. Continueing my walk down the street I turned the corner and walked into a couple of 20 something spikey-haired lesbians who separated, walked past me and then rejoined hands. How sweet.

Anyway, it got me thinking about my personal life. I have a great roommate, a cat, and ... well a third house guest that is questionable whether he is there or not there. Kitty likes to have conversations with Grandfather at night, what she has to talk about, I'm not sure, but there chats are lengthy. So, I received a package with a collection of teas from Kimberly the other day. I was about to throw out the box but took a quick peak to see if I had missed anything. What I found looked liked a condom for people who want to get pregnent. I was confounded, was this tea condom for straining or for seeping? I tried seeping and filled it with too much tea. A short phone call and I confirmed that it was for tea and that it had a name, an infuser. Take a look at the picture below and you tell me which one is the infuser and which is the condom!

Hint: The one on the left is an accessory to tea ... the one on the right would be a fetish!

Loose tea is an interesting thing, the end result is dependent on the ingrediants, the amount of water, and how long you seep the leaves. The result is inconsistent and delightful, much like life.

Today I'm having thoughts of SF Sonja because she has convinced me that doing a Liver Flush would be a good thing for me to try. It is basically a two-day process that includes olive oil, grapefruit juice, Epson salts and of course the most important tool … a bathroom. According to the literature, I'm starting down the path to a more spiritual experience, one which is supposed to include feeling little marbles race through my intestines. I'm visualizing a little army of cholesterol soldiers marching to freedom. Anyway, I’m nearing the end of the process and feel jolly if not cleansed and spritual. I'd complain but I was forced to get an extra 5 hours of sleep, which combined with a bit of reading was well spent after a rough week at work.