Sunday, January 22, 2006

Chrissy Field and the DeYoung Museum

Pictures: Click Here to View

San Francisco was a gracious host this weekend for the world of travelers visiting her. We, city dwellers took advantage of the weather and headed down to Chrissy Field on Saturday and spent the afternoon walking alongside the bay with joggers, bikers, and walkers. Our destination was the wave organ and then back to the car.

I have to admit to feeling a bit like a vagabond. I pretty much wore the same clothes for three days. Sometimes I just wore my Tim McGraw t-shirt, other times it was the yellow sweatshirt and the brown plaid shirt; in other words comfy. My lovely pants however decided that it was so hot that I should have some personal air conditioning. This coming weekend ... shopping for new jeans.

On Sunday, the weather held out and Frank and I decided to finally brave the crowds and visit the new DeYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park. Some people do not like the copper coating to the building or the tower that juts into the air, but inside there are ample opportunities to see into the park and the view from the tower was breathtaking. The collection is interesting though a bit of a hodge-podge.