Sunday, January 01, 2006

Be Nice ... It's 2006

Pictures: Click to View

To ring in the New Year, Frank and I joined John and Rusty at a concert with the infamously immortal Kikki and Herb.

Not that it was a show I would want to see again in the near future ... it was a good show and Kikki and Herb put their hearts and souls into it for nearly 2 1/2 hours, including two encore numbers.


Heklina, a local drag queen who hosts the world famous Trannyshack show on Tuesday, did not sit in front of us with her tower of blond hair teased to the ceiling and flowing down like the Abominable Snowman in Disney's Mattehorn ride in California (Happy 50th D!), so we had an unobstructed view for our price of admission. Good times and then a good meal at Home, a restaurant in the Castro.

However, since it was still 2005, I listened intently for a message that would help make 2006 a better year than before and Kikki summed it up with the phrase, "Be nice." And I've decided that for the year, if nothing else, I will try to be nice. I have a cat who is according to the cat website about 84 years old and my father is going to be 70 this year, so to both of them, I'll be nice.



I hope your evening was festive, your loved ones fun, and all is well in your world on this the first day of the new year. Today is our time to untrim the tree and run around San Francisco before the next storm rolls in and locks us indoors for a few more days.


Happy New Years and all the best for 2006.

D