Monday, September 20, 2004

The Surprise!

I love John and take back all of the snide little things he has revealed in the past. I want the title back of being the person who cannot keep a secret! I’ve been having a rough time at work lately and really wanted to look forward to something not work related. With this in mind, I instructed Frank to keep birthday weekend plans hush hush.

So, when I talked to John before he flew off to Paris, I thought I had the whole thing figured out. Rusty was picking us up, so that meant a ride to the airport. Frank doesn’t like to fly long distances for short weekends, so that meant the West coast. It could be Disneyland but we had been to LA last year for my birthday. John said it was somewhere “family” oriented. I’m thinking family + west coast = Palm Springs! Nope. I took it to mean “Family” (WINK WINK), not family with children. Oy vey.


The Vehicle

Anyway, I’m out front of the apartment and Frank is late. The kitchen phone rings and I have to leave my spot on the front porch to answer it. The caller hangs up. I start for the front door and it rings again. AGITATION!!!! It’s Frank and he’s calling me to come out front … it’s what I was trying to do. I am channeling my inner peach maker and when I walk out the door … there it is a convertible mustang!! Excellent. Now we’re on a road trip and my schema is completely blown. However, I have a fabulous new CD and a book on different hiking options in Big Sur!

A perfect surprise and John didn’t blow it this year! Good job Frank!