Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Heigh Ho ... It's off to Work I go!

Pictures: Click to View

Heigh-ho,
Heigh-ho,
It's off to work I go

Okay, okay ... so it's true that I lean toward the dramatic. However, the new mine, also known as a Senior Instructional Designer position at Kaiser Permanente's National Compliance Office is a good place to work.

My day starts with a an extra 30 minutes of sleep, followed by a bus ride to the Embarcadero. After sharing quality time with strangers, I descend into the underworld to take BART across the bay, actually go under the bay. I crank the iPod and hope my ears don't pop before I turn down the volume at the West Oakland station. I say hey to the singing homeless guy at the top of the escalater and then observe the 24 Hour Fitness fishbowl, where people are working out at 7:30 in the morning. Odd. After the guilt trip ... I get in an elevator and head up to the 26 floor where I share an office with a bay view. Time passes and it is time to start singing Heigh-ho!

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from work I go