Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Annie Leibovitz and the Dead Sea Scrolls

Frank and I went to a Member's Only event at the Legion of Honor to see the opening of the Annie Leibovitz exhibit. I really enjoyed the exhibit, though the Legion needs to work on their flow design. For a limited number of people, there were too many dead ends and the wee ones (short people who don't consider other people being able to see or not), kept dodging in and out blocking our view. Here's one of her famous pictures of Queen Elizabeth.



On our way out, Frank saw a sign for a Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. It was not an overwhelming exhibit and we had the room pretty much to ourselves. The exhibit included glass, pottery and a segment of Psalms 119. I know they told us what section of the dead sea scroll was included, but I got shooshed by a guard, when I tried to call mom and share.

Here are the verses I believe I saw.

97 Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.

98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,for your testimonies are my meditation.

100 I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.

101 I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word.

102 I do not turn aside from your rules,for you have taught me.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,to keep your righteous rules.