Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Where in the States is Frank?

It was a late night at work and I missed my opportuity to participate in the rally scene for the film, Milk, being filmed in the Castro. I watched a few takes of Sean Penn jumping up on the corner of Castro and Market and then march toward my old building on 17th street. It was fun to watch the magic and then I headed home. Midway I started to hear voices. It sounded like a crowd cheering. At first I thought it was the movie, but the sounds were different. Then I wondered whether the voices I normally hear were actually audible. It turns out that someone was blaring an Obama speech from the second floor, spreading a message of hope.

It seems like everyone is asking, "Who will win?" "Hillary or Obama?" I voted in a garage on Beaver street for a female candidate. Interesting. It was actually a lot of fun seeing all of the supporters on the corners encouraging people to vote.

Frank was supposed to be in Birmingham, Alabama, for work. He left at 5:30 Monday morning and then I got a call. He was in Chicago.

Twenty-four hours later ... he was in Washington DC.
It is rumored that he has finally landed in Alabama ... but I don't have any pictures to prove it. If you have an inperson sighting ... let me know.