Saturday, September 03, 2005

What is up with Bob?

Eric, formerlly known as LA Ben, introduced Frank and myself to Hollywood Bob (HB) a few years ago. A fabulous screaming homosexual who is also a very amusing writer. If you haven't discovered "Love Handles" you should do so now.

At the bottom of his current column is a link to his previous ones. Sadly, as he is on the low road toward losing weight ... my journey has been on the high road (i.e. high caloric intact, high gym avoidance, etc.).

Happy Reading!

For those of you are wondering why Ben is now Eric or as HB calls him Beneric, here's the skinny.

For those of you who don't know the story... My mom named me Eric Shane Johnson, when I was born. Years later --when her life didn't turn out the way she wanted it -- she changed my name to Benjamin Michael Gunnar (she married an asshole). I was 9 years old, so it was a huge pain in the ass to explain to everyone that "Eric" wasn't good enough; NO, it doesn't make any sense. I've never really liked "ben". It's a dull name. "Eric" is sharp, and I'm trying to hone an edge.